Ideal for: Lawns up to 2,000 sq. ft.
Small lawns are most commonly found in newer developments, infill houses, and inner city lots.
Often described as the most important thing you can do to create a healthy, thick and robust lawn, core aeration is the process of mechanically removing small cores of soil from the lawn using an aeration machine. The aeration machine is designed to penetrate the soil and remove small cores about 2-3” in depth about the same size as your index finger.
The lawn aeration process leaves plugs of soil and thatch on the surface of the lawn so they can be incorporated back into it. Depending on the time of year and weather conditions, these small cores will decompose and the tiny holes will fill in within a few weeks.
Core Aeration provides a number of benefits to your lawn, including:
- Reduces and relieves soil compaction
- Encourages deep healthy roots
- Removes undesirable, excessive thatch layers
- Helps eliminate drought stress
- Reduces weed infestations
- Reduces insect and disease incidence
- Increases the uptake of fertilizers and control products
- Stimulates new turf growth